Monday, March 9, 2009

A Vote For Mirandra is A Vote For Action!

As a candidate for Mayor of Steger, residents are asking important questions on the campaign trail about my plans if I am elected to office. Questions from whom will I appoint as the chief of police to trustees within the current administration to what are my plans for bringing additional revenue to the community.

First, I must get elected. Challenges will arise in taking the reins of the Mayor’s office. The incumbent has held the office for thirty-five years. I would have to hire the services of a forensic accounting team to first establish the true financial health of Steger.

Next, I'd hire an economic development coordinator for the city to work in conjunction with the Chamber of Commerce and mayor's office to constantly and continually promote Steger’s existing businesses and to recruit new business and industry.

We need to overcome 24 months of revenue declines, obtain Federal and State funds for infrastructure matters and allow the new team to recruit sources of revenue quickly, without layers of restrictions convoluting the process. To undo 35 years of secretive management will not take a day or two, but more like a year or two. I have emphasized in my candidacy that the position I seek is public service, not a dynasty. When the work is completed and our solvency is restored, Steger and its’ residents will be positioned to move forward and meet the challenges of future development and growth. I'd also implement an open door policy and actively promote a city government of the people, by the people and for the people.

In examining the Village of Stegers' website, no budget or spending is fully disclosed and each day I am more convinced that I may be walking into a hornet's nest. In examining a copy of the 2008 budget, I am even MORE convinced that a hornets nest awaits.

In my opinion, at the onset, there is much to do in figuring out exactly where Steger stands and disclosing that information to the residents as quickly as possible. After careful analysis, with assistance from qualified sources, effective changes can be implemented.

I will seek answers and analyze options that best meet the needs of our community. I will work quickly and with great accuracy, to provide an effective and a sound business practice.

I am asking the residents of Steger, in which I have lived most of my adult life, to vote me into office as your next mayor.

I will work closely with all village trustees voted into office by the people. This also includes other members of the current administration such as the Village Clerk.

As your Mayor, I will execute the responsibilities that come with the Mayor's chair and oath and I can and will work for you, the people who will cast your vote on Tuesday, April 7, 2009.

Miranda Egonut

No comments:

Post a Comment